About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

GOING HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 3, 2013

AN AMAZING JOURNEY ENDS TODAY as I fly out of Johannesburg, South Africa at 8:25 pm on a direct Delta flight to Atlanta that will last approximately 17 hrs. Getting up at 6 am this morning and a few glasses of wine with dinner on the flight will hopefully help me sleep for at least some of this time.  I arrive in New Orleans at 10:35 am and with any luck will be back hugging on my grandkids by Thursday or at least by Friday. While always sad to end a journey, I am really excited to see family and friends again. Though I will be confronted with the reality of losing my couisin, Brad, once again when I get to Natchez.

During this trip I visited South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwae, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho,  Uganda, Rwanda and Mozambique.

I have swam in the "Devils Pool" at Victoria Falls, flown in an Ultralight over Victoria Falls, been on numerous safaris in Botswana, Namibia and Uganda, climbed to top of Table Mountain in Cape Town, been Great White Shark Cage Diving, seen Silverback Mountain Gorillas in Uganda and been to the beautiful beaches of Mozambique. AS IMPORTANT, I have met many wonderful people in each country, both natives and fellow travelers. 

I end this trip knowing that by seeing all I have seen and experiencing all I have experience, I will be a better person because of it. 

ANOTHER AMAZING JOURNEY BEGINS TOMORROW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment