About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Sunday, August 16, 2020

UGANDA, Hiking around Bwindi Backpackers

March 6, 2013

I did several hikes with my guide, Ivan, while staying at Bwindi Backpackers. The first was to visit the waterfall and 15 acre garden that Seith had purchased. Seith has planted all kinds of trees, including many fruit trees, throughout this garden. He also plants many crops to help make his lodge self sustainable. He also has nurseries of pine seedling to help the government replant where trees have been cut down and used for timber. It was a beautiful hike and after the waterfall we hiked up through a cattle ranch and into the village.

The second hike involved a boda boda (moto taxi) ride to the beginning of the hike to another mountain gorilla group. While we could only go so to the edge of the National Forest, it was a beautiful of the surrounding areas from on top of one of the mountains. Walked over 20 kilometers (13 miles) including all the way back to the lodge. Definitely getting back in shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment