About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

ZIMBABWAE, Travel Day

January 3, 2013

Will be leaving Fawlty Towers Hostel and Livingstone, Zambia at 10 am on the free shuttle to the Park. From there it is a short walk to the Zambia/Zimbabwae bridge where the bungee jumping is located and where I will enter Zimbabwae. Either a 20 minute walk or short taxi ride depending on the price and I will be in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwae. I will be meeting Absolute Africa overland truck safari at Shoestring Backpackers where I will spend the night and meet all the people already on the tour. No more soft bed for the next 21 days. Not really much of a camper but will endure it due the cost and accessibility one gets by camping in the parks in Botswana and Namimbia. Will not have much internet access for the next 21 days. It is going to be a very special trip I believe with lots of animal sightings.   

Little sad saying bye to Fawlty Towers as backpackers get a feeling of home when we stay in one place for a while.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment